Benchmarking Your Business Perfomance
We can benchmark your current business practices and give you objective feedback and advice about how you compare to industry standards, stack up with your competitors … where you are doing well and how can you improve. Then, we can recommend and help you implement and improve those practices.
By comparing ourselves to the best (or industry standards), we can assess where there is further need for improvement. Note that it may be less about competing with others and more about competing with ourselves. How can we become best of class? That can provide further motivation for ourselves and our people. And, it may inspire us for further innovation.
There are a variety of ways we can help you benchmark your services:
- Exotek Business Assessment – You can ask an industry expert like Exotek in this case to review your business. We’ve literally engaged hundreds of systems integrators around the world and can provide you with feedback on how you measure up.
- CSIA Best Practices and Certification – the association of Controls Systems Integrators have collaborated to develop a best practices guide and an audit process against that standard. Many of NI Partners have joined CSIA and adopted the recommended best practices.
- CSIA Pulse – a CSIA Program track key statistics for further comparisons of your company performance.
- Exotek Peer Groups – We find that now, more than ever, our clients are looking to network with peers to learn from each other. If you are interested, let me know and we can explore which peer group would be the best fit for you.
- Exotek State of the Industry Report – we also provide further information in our quarterly report which you can find in the Resource Center of our website and get notified of new additions by subscribing to our blog.
Working with Exotek and CSIA gave us the right input to cross the hurdles of a growing company. Identify some gaps and working on improvements was the big benefit for us, including comparison with the CSIA detailed best practices matrix/point system. You go through your entire company in detail and it opens your eyes when you do. We will continue the collaboration with Exotek and CSIA to even improve and get better in our challenging system integrator business.
The support, insight and vision offered by Exotek during the thorough audits provided an action plan for our improvements. We raised our quality approvals and standards, and achieved ‘partner’ status rather than ‘preferred supplier’ with a number of our major accounts. I would say that Exotek’s guidance has been instrumental in the changes that will transform our company, and to ensure that the growth is sustained.
Exotek engaged us with the CSIA audits and provided great guidance on Best Practices and helpful ideas on stabilizing our business model and organization. We adopted metrics for use in our Project approach and overall performance and our monthly reviews which he has consistently attended and helped with improvements in our use of review time.
We are living in a changing world with new realities that forces us to find new mechanisms to work even more efficiently. So we must re-align our strategies to reach our objectives. Since 2013, Gersa Monterrey has adopted CSIA Best Practices and trust it as a method to meet our organizational expectations. Being CSIA Certified positions our business for sustainability and growth. While we would have preferred an on-site audit, we chose a remote audit from Exotek given the current pandemic situation. It was as great an experience and appreciate this new approach for re-certification.
Automate has appreciated your collaboration during these months in getting the certification. Your assistance has made this process easier and your advice has been very helpful. I know that we are just at the beginning of this path and for sure we will be needing your support again.