Strategic Advisory Program
If you already have a strategic planning process and are looking for an external perspective from someone with extensive experience in the system integration business to help formulate and validate your plans, ask one of our Management Consultants to join your Strategy Team as an advisor, or even just as a sounding board. Our consultants have their roots in the engineering services and systems integration industry.
Let us bring decades of direct experience with:
- Helping ownership with strategic planning and execution
- Identifying and overcoming growth challenges
- Helping integrators improve their offerings to deliver growth and profitability
- Assisting integration companies that serve a broad range of industries
- Recognizing industry trends and success factors.
- Developing and coaching leaders
Services can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the Business Plan process
- Offer feedback and make recommendations
- Provide “wise counsel” on issues raised by shareholders or management
- Act as a sounding board for the President and Executive Leadership Team
- Challenge management in areas that could improve business
- Monitor business performances
- Meet with management team member(s) quarterly to:
- Review business plan progress
- Update forecasts
- Develop leadership skills
- Resolve conflicts
- Provide input and guidance on industry trends and vendor relationships
- Encourage and support exploration of new business ideas
- Provide guidance and implementation of succession plan by;
- Communicating internally and externally;
- Recruiting and selecting successor(s)
- Providing guidance to owner(s); and
- Acting as a liaison between management and owner(s)
- Special projects with our mutual agreement
Key Areas for Input
- Best Practices for System Integrators
- Company Performance Metrics
- Input on how your performance compares to your peers
- Growth strategies
- Feedback on management team strengths and weaknesses
- Exit strategies and advice for owners
- System Integrator Businesses
- CSIA Best Practices
Exotek moderated our strategic planning last year and did a great job keeping us on track, working through sticking points, and leaving us with actionable items. We followed many of the Traction principles and found it to be a worthwhile blend of long-term planning and short-term, realistic goals.
We have increased our business with double digit growth each year and we doubled our head count since working with Exotek.
During the past five years of working with Exotek, DMC has expanded from one to five offices, from less than 30 people to over 100, and more than tripled our revenue and profits. Exotek’s vast industry knowledge, keen perspective and spot-on advice is a big part of that growth.
As Amfax pumped an increased number of projects through an incrementally changing ‘flat structure’, we could not achieve sustained growth and kept bouncing off the $5-7 M ceiling. The support, insight and vision offered by Exotek during the thorough audits provided an action plan for our improvements to deliver 200% growth in 5 years.
Exotek has helped VIE on best practices, stabilizing our business model, improving our organization, and adopting performance metrics. Benefits included doubled profits, low turnover rate, strong balance sheet, no debt, and more than adequate reserves. We strengthened our customer relationships and elevate our strategic thinking to better serve our changing marketplace. Exotek has been a real asset.