Improving Your Business Practices
We can benchmark your current business practices and give you objective feedback and advice about how you compare to industry standards, stack up with your competitors … where you are doing well and how can you improve. Then, we can recommend and help you implement and improve those practices.
Best Practices Implementation
Benchmarking your company to achieve an industry certification is not just about getting a ‘sticker’. Our programs give you the tools to begin identifying and implementing the business practices and processes to aid your company’s stability and growth. We can help you:
- Document and Develop Specific Practices – We can support your development, training, and continuous improvement of your key processes like strategic planning, operations planning, business development, project management, and financial management.
- Continuous Improvement and Optimization – Beyond capturing your practices, we can work with you on a continuous improvement process to optimize your processes at your company grows.
- Benchmarking Your Performance – We can benchmark your current business practices and give you objective feedback and advice about how you compare to industry standards, stack up with your competitors … where you are doing well and how can you improve.
CSIA Best Practices and Certification
We collaborated with Controls Systems Integrators Association to create and evolve the CSIA Best Practices and Certification Program. We have help hundreds of companies around the world to prepare for and obtain their CSIA certification.
- CSIA QuickStart Assistance (CSIA-QS)
- CSIA Pre-Audit Assistance (CSIA-PREAUD)
- CSIA Audit – (CSIA-AUD)
- CSIA Re-Audit – (CSIA-RAUD)
Working with Others on Your Business Practices
Exotek also assists our clients with best practices with group engagements including:
- Best Practices Workshops – This course covers the essential elements of a successful system integration business according to the Exotek BASIC diamond model. Based on proven best practices of other system integration companies, you will gain key insights as well as implementation approaches to equip your company for the future.
- Best Practices Working Groups – We conduct this working group for systems integrators who are interested in discussing with their peers how they are implementing and improving their business practices.
Making Your Way Around the Diamond
A successful system integration company begins with solid General Management providing the strategic plan and organization structure for the company. Secondly, you must have good People Management to ensure that the ‘right people are in the right seats’ with the proper accountability and authority. With good Marketing and Sales techniques to create the optimal clients, you can turn opportunities into projects. Then, it is essential to have the Project and Technical methodologies to execute projects effectively as well as the appropriate Service and Support capabilities to ensure customer success. All of this must be underpinned with solid Financial and Process Management.
Managing Partner, Noffz
Working with Exotek and CSIA gave us the right input to cross the hurdles of a growing company. Identify some gaps and working on improvements was the big benefit for us, including comparison with the CSIA detailed best practices matrix/point system. You go through your entire company in detail and it opens your eyes when you do. We will continue the collaboration with Exotek and CSIA to even improve and get better in our challenging system integrator business.
Managing Director, Amfax
The support, insight and vision offered by Exotek during the thorough audits provided an action plan for our improvements. We raised our quality approvals and standards, and achieved ‘partner’ status rather than ‘preferred supplier’ with a number of our major accounts. I would say that Exotek’s guidance has been instrumental in the changes that will transform our company, and to ensure that the growth is sustained.
Founder and Board Chairman, VI Engineering, Inc.
Exotek engaged us with the CSIA audits and provided great guidance on Best Practices and helpful ideas on stabilizing our business model and organization. We adopted metrics for use in our Project approach and overall performance and our monthly reviews which he has consistently attended and helped with improvements in our use of review time.
CEO, Automate S.r.l. (Italy)
Automate has appreciated your collaboration during these months in getting the certification. Your assistance has made this process easier and your advice has been very helpful. I know that we are just at the beginning of this path and for sure we will be needing your support again.
Administrative Manager, Gersa
We are living in a changing world with new realities that forces us to find new mechanisms to work even more efficiently. So we must re-align our strategies to reach our objectives. Since 2013, Gersa Monterrey has adopted CSIA Best Practices and trust it as a method to meet our organizational expectations. Being CSIA Certified positions our business for sustainability and growth. While we would have preferred an on-site audit, we chose a remote audit from Exotek given the current pandemic situation. It was as great an experience and appreciate this new approach for re-certification.